We are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personally identifiable information. We are committed to using our customers' information only in a responsible manner. We are committed to respecting your privacy and adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws.
This Online Privacy Statement is an explanation of the information we collect, how we use it, and how the use of this information can benefit your experience on our websites and during your relationship with us. The information outlined below will assist you in making informed decisions while doing business with us.
Skyline Worldwide is fully committed to providing you with information about the collection and use of personally identifiable information furnished by, or collected from, visitors while using its websites and services. Skyline Worldwide collects information about its customers and visitors to its websites so that it can provide an experience that is responsive to customers' and visitors' needs.
Method of Collection of Information
Skyline Worldwide does not collect personally identifiable information when you browse the Skyline Worldwide website unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide such information. This means that we will not know your name, your email address, or any other personally identifiable information just because you browse the Skyline Worldwide website unless you:
- access the Website from a link in an email that we sent;
- have created a profile and log-in when you access the Website.
When we do need to collect personally identifiable information from you, we will ask you, your employer, your relocation company or travel agency to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. For example, if you would like to make a reservation at one of our properties, we will ask you for information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and room preference to process your reservation.
We may collect this information directly from you by telephone, fax, email, at the counter, upon completion of an application or enrolment form, or through your use of our website. Information may also be collected as part of:
(i) fulfilling reservation or information requests, (ii) submitting a job application, (iii) submitting a credit application, or (iv) responding to communications from us or our affiliates (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), (v) registering for, or responding to a subscription request for our newsletter. We endeavour to collect information only with your knowledge and with your permission if necessary.
Types of Information
The types of personally identifiable information that we collect may include your name, home, work and email addresses, telephone and fax numbers, credit card information, date of birth, gender, salary, social security number (in some instances) or National Insurance Number (NIN), and lifestyle information such as room preferences, leisure activities, and other information necessary to fulfil special requests (e.g., health conditions that require special room accommodations).
Skyline Worldwide may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your use of our websites, communication preferences, travel habits, aggregated data relative to your stays, and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
You may be offered the choice not to submit your personal information or to decide what communications you want to receive from us. However, doing so may cause certain transactions to become affected. For example, not providing a name will prevent the processing of reservations.
Use of Information
Skyline Worldwide will never sell your information to third parties or allow its use in any manner except with the purpose to ensure and promote the business relationship that you wish to establish with Skyline Worldwide.
Skyline Worldwide may disclose your information to others with that purpose in the following ways:
- when we have received your consent to do so;
- when we communicate with employers, relocation companies, travel agencies, companies or organizations, who have made reservations, agreed to make payments, arranged for discounts, or purchased services on your behalf or if you use our services under a corporate or other commercial account;
- if you seek to have your rental charges invoiced to your employer or any other third party, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to that employer or third party and to any companies that assist the third party in processing invoices;
- when we report to credit card issuers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies and debt collection agencies;
- if you choose to do business with us through, or with the assistance of, your employer's or any third party's travel agent, relocation company or other intermediary, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to the employer or other intermediary to make, modify or cancel a reservation made by or with the assistance of the agent, to respond to questions or comments made by the agent on your behalf, to facilitate any other task that the employer or intermediary advises us that you intend for the agent to fulfil, or that such an agent would, as a matter of industry practice, typically fulfil;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you services you desire;
- when companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of Skyline Worldwide require such information (e.g., credit card processing, customer support services, market research administration or database management services);
- when a housing complex or other property leaves the Skyline Worldwide system and access to your personally identifiable information is necessary to facilitate business operations or meet contractual obligation;
- in the event Skyline Worldwide is merged with, acquired by, or acquires another company;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order, and otherwise as we believe is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate our website properly, or to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our employees, users or others or if you are involved (or are suspected by governmental authorities or our security functions to be involved) in any illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order; or
- in case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual. If information is shared as mentioned above, we will limit the scope of information that is furnished to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. We may confirm personal information you provide us on applications and forms, or as a resident of one of our communities, with third parties, such as your bank, employer, present mortgage company or landlord, utility providers, government entities, credit agencies, and other businesses where you have an account or a credit card. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we require third parties to protect your personally identifiable information and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Use of Email
We will use your email address to send a confirmation and, if necessary, might use the other information to contact you for help in processing the reservation. We will also use your email address to:
- send you pre-arrival confirmation details;
- notify you about special offers and promotions;
- send you copies of your bills when you request them; and
- send you periodic satisfaction or market research surveys.
As part of our commitment to keep you informed, we may contact you via mail, email, telephone, or by other means to confirm your departure date, ensure your customer satisfaction, notify you of new Skyline Worldwide products and services, or upcoming Skyline Worldwide special offers, events, enhancements, or other relevant information that may be of interest to you. You may also receive mailings or other communications from carefully selected partners, such as our referral partners or our customer satisfaction surveyors.
We may offer you the option to decline any or all of these communications by following the directions included in our emails or other communications, or by contacting Skyline Worldwide directly. Skyline Worldwide strives to keep all our customers and visitors informed and equally able to take advantage of the benefits offered by Skyline Worldwide and its strategic marketing partners. However, if you reside outside of the United States, certain data privacy regulations may require us to obtain your permission before we send you information that you have not requested from us.
In some cases your permission will be implied from the nature of the service requested or transaction undertaken. For example, Skyline Worldwide may collect and use personally identifiable information that you volunteer, or behavioural data or information collected in the aggregate. In addition, your permission will be deemed given for communications from us that are necessary to fulfil transactions and services that you request.
Data Transfers across International Borders
The nature of our business and our operations may require us to transfer your information, including personally identifiable information, to other group companies, properties, centres of operations, data centres, or service providers that may be located in countries outside of your own. Although the data protection and other laws of these various countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country, Skyline Worldwide will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personally identifiable information is protected and handled as described in this Privacy Statement.
It is Skyline Worldwide's intent and one of our missions to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate and complete, you can contact us with the request to correct, update, delete or deactivate it either by emailing our us or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. Please provide your full name and street address and telephone number on your request.
To update or change your information or to opt-out of receiving marketing material:
- Follow directions on a marketing e-mail or direct mail communication from us, or
- Call +44 (0) 207 036 9434, or
- Send an email with your current contact information to email@example.com, or
- Send a request with your current contact information to:
Attn: Marketing Department
Exchange Tower, Level 6, 2 Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9GE
Skyline Worldwide will take reasonable steps to implement your request to opt out. However, please note that due to production and mailing timelines, it may take around six weeks to make the requested change and, until that change takes effect, you may still receive promotional information from us.
Although we will make no more marketing use of information you have asked to be deleted, occasionally, information that you request to be removed will be retained in certain files for a period of time in order to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. In addition, some types of information may be stored indefinitely on back-up systems or within log files due to technical constraints, or financial or legal requirements.
Skyline Worldwide recognizes the importance of information security, and is constantly reviewing and enhancing all technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. After information reaches Skyline Worldwide, it is stored on a secure server that resides behind firewalls designed to block unauthorized access from outside of Skyline Worldwide.
All Skyline Worldwide owned websites and servers have security measures in place to help protect your personally identifiable information against loss, misuse, and alteration while under our control. Although guaranteed security does not exist either on or off the internet, we safeguard your information using both procedural and technical safeguards, including VeriSign Secure Server ID. The use of VeriSign's services allows for the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption method used to help protect your data from interception and hacking while in transit.
Cookies are designed to save you time because they help us provide a customized experience tailored just for you without having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our websites. Skyline Worldwide cookies are not designed to damage your files, nor can they read information from other files on your computer hard drive.
Cookies also help us provide a personalized online experience in the following ways:
- they remember your user name and password for future visits so log-in is easier and faster
- they ensure you are provided with the appropriate frames and content;
- they ensure you obtain all requested information; and
- they help us deliver communications that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
Skyline Worldwide cookies are limited to our websites only, and are not designed to follow you when travelling on the internet after leaving Skyline Worldwide's websites. We track the usage of our websites in order to better meet your needs and to help make it easier for you to find information in the future. Please note that in addition to Skyline Worldwide cookies, various third parties may also place cookies on your computer's hard drive. Skyline Worldwide is not responsible for the presence or absence of third party cookies, or for the technological capabilities or practices employed by third parties in connection with third party cookies.
If you would prefer not to have the benefits of cookies, your internet browser or other third party software on your workstation can be adjusted to treat cookies in different ways. Depending upon the type of browser you are using, you may be able to configure your browser so that: (i) you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis; or (ii) you may be able to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of your Web browser for specific details about cookie security. However, you should also understand that rejecting cookies might affect your ability to perform certain transactions on our websites and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
Skyline Worldwide also uses pixel tags, sometimes called Web beacons, to count how many people visit certain Web pages. Information collected from invisible pixels is used and reported in the aggregate and does not contain personally identifiable information. Skyline Worldwide may use this information to improve marketing programs and content.
Skyline Worldwide and our email service provider also use pixel tags to:
- Track customer response to Skyline Worldwide advertisements and website content;
- Determine your ability to receive HTML-based email messages. Our email service provider includes a pixel tag, which they refer to as a coded sensor in all of the HTML-based messages sent on our behalf. The sensor activates when the email message is opened and flags the email address of the user as one that is capable of receiving HTML-based email messages. This capability helps our service provider to send the email in a format you can read. The sensor does not collect or use any other information. If you cannot receive HTML, you will not receive a functioning sensor;
- Know how many users open an email and allow our service provider to compile aggregated statistics about an email campaign for us; and
- Allow us to better target interactive advertising, enhance customer support and website usability, and provide offers and promotions that we believe would be of interest to you.
Links to Other Websites
In order to anticipate your needs, Skyline Worldwide provides links to other websites for your convenience and information. Skyline Worldwide is not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained within any independent website, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that while Skyline Worldwide will protect your information on Skyline Worldwide owned and operated websites, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites, including websites owned or controlled by independent franchisees or third party owners of residence properties that may use the name of an Skyline Worldwide brand, or websites not controlled or authorized by Skyline Worldwide.
Third party websites that are accessed through links on our websites have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their websites. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked websites to understand how those websites collect, use and store information.
Co-branded Pages and Third-Party Service Providers
Portions of the Skyline Worldwide website is operated by third-party service providers ("Providers"). Providers may place cookies on your computer in order to store information or store your account login. Our agreement with Providers requires the information to be kept confidential and disclosed only to Providers employees who require such access in the course of their assigned duties. Skyline Worldwide may change the provider from time to time, and will transfer stored information to the new providers subject to similar restrictions.
Skyline Worldwide does not seek to obtain, nor does it wish to receive personally identifiable information directly from minors; however, we cannot always determine the age of persons who access and use our websites. If a minor (as defined by applicable law) provides us with his/her data without parental or guardian consent, we encourage the parent or guardian to contact us to have this information removed and to unsubscribe the minor from any future Skyline Worldwide marketing communications.
Skyline Worldwide takes its users' privacy concerns seriously. If you have comments or questions regarding Skyline Worldwide's data privacy practices or this Online Privacy Statement or you would like to update your information, modify your communication preferences, or if you do not want to receive marketing communications from Skyline Worldwide in the future, you can contact us at:
Skyline Worldwide Accommodations Ltd.
Exchange Tower, Level 6
2 Harbour Exchange Square
London E14 9GE
Telephone: +44 (0) 207 036 9434
Fax: +44 (0) 207 900 2839
In your letter, please describe your inquiry in as much detail as possible.
Skyline Worldwide reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Updated versions will be posted to our websites and date stamped so that you are always aware when the Online Privacy Statement was last updated. Effective Date